Tribology is the science and engineering of interacting surfaces in relative motion. It includes the study and application of the principles of friction, lubrication and wear. Tribology is a branch of mechanical engineering and materials science.
Tribology and Mechanical Testing
World’s Leading Provider of Mechanical Testers and Tribological Tools
Research into materials and how materials can be changed to influence strength, integrity, or durability is an integral part of product design and improvement across nearly every industry. KRIAZ’s mechanical testing solutions provide the most comprehensive and versatile means of investigating Tribology—friction, wear, load, hardness, and lubrication. Measuring friction, wear, and material mechanical properties is a way for engineers to understand how materials, coatings, and lubricants will stand up to the rigors of varied applications, from heavy industry to semiconductor, from automotive to biomedical.
While scientists push the boundaries of nanomechanics to develop new models for describing near surface material behaviour, manufacturers are searching for improvements and validation of their processes and product materials. To meet this need for highly accurate, advanced materials characterization, the capabilities of tribometers must move beyond that which could be addressed using traditional Tribology platforms. Better test capabilities, better test flexibility, better test results are needed.
Test procedures also must include the ability to reproduce real-world conditions. A material that performs well in the sterile, perfect operating conditions of a laboratory may fail once it is put into use in the harsh environment of a frozen highway or high-performance jet engine. Plus, testing must address all the specifications and requirements defined in ASTM standards for production and product safety.
To meet today’s requirements for nanoscale to macro scale surface measurements KRIAZ offers outstanding Tribology solutions for the most comprehensive, flexible, and accurate Tribology testing:
- Nanoforce Nanomechanical Tester
- UMT TriboLab Mechanical Tester and Tribometer
- Surface topography and contact mechanics
- Hydrodynamic, elasto-hydrodynamic and boundary lubrication
- Rheology and lubricant chemistry
- Wear and friction of metals, ceramics and polymers
- Surface engineering
- Test methods in Tribology
- Industrial Case studies
Benefits of attending
- Provides a comprehensive and cost effective overview of this vitally important area
- Introduces the theory and practice of friction, wear and lubrication in an industrial context
- Combines lectures and informal discussion periods with practice in problem solving
- Gives valuable, informal access to leading experts
- Enables networking with professionals from other sectors to share ideas and practice
- Provides a comprehensive volume of course notes for all participants